2016/2017 Enrollment Process for Lottery
ENROLLING NOW! 2016/2017 Enrollment Process
Welcome to the 2016/2017 Enrollment to Birchtree Charter School. The procedure for returning families and new families entering the lottery is as follows:
Returning Families: Please complete and submit Intent to Return form by Friday, April 1, 2016. (Link found under Enrollment Information)
New Families to Birchtree Charter School:
1. Complete and submit an Intent to Enroll form online by April 8, 2016. (Link found under Enrollment Information).
2. Call Birchtree Charter School (745-1831) and schedule an observation of our school. The observations will be led by the Principal, Assistant Principal, or the Pedagogical Dean. The observations will take place March 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 22, 23, 29, 30, and 31. Observation times will be from 9:00 -10:00 am and 10:30 – 11:30 am. You must attend one of the scheduled observations. Please do not bring your child(ren) to the school observations as you will be viewing many classes in session and we would like to minimize classroom disruptions.
3. Completion of Questionnaire. At the end of the observation parents will receive a questionnaire from administration. The questions need to be answered and returned to the front office by April 8, 2016.
4. Kindergarten Parent Informational Meeting: New families of Kindergarten students will need to also attend one of the scheduled Kindergarten Meetings on April 5, 2016 at 1:30 pm or 6:00 pm. Please schedule your Kindergarten meeting time when you schedule your school observation. Please do not bring your child(ren) to the Kindergarten Parent Informational Meeting as there is no child care available.
5. Placement of child(ren) into the lottery drawing. After all three (3) steps (Intent to Enroll completed and submitted online, observation(s) scheduled and attended, and questionnaire completed and turned into Birchtree front office) then your child(ren) will be entered into the lottery.
April 20, 2016 Lottery @ 7:00 pm. The lottery will fill any open spots in the school, as well as create the wait-lists for the 2016/2017 school year.
We regret that we cannot offer individual tours due to high demand. We welcome you to schedule an observation on the dates and times listed above to learn more about our school.