2016/2017 Enrollment Information for New & Returning Families
Birchtree Charter School 2016/2017 lottery enrollment closed April 8, 2016. You may still complete an Intent to Enroll for your child(ren) and they will be added to the wait list.
Welcome to the 2016-2017 Enrollment to Birchtree Charter School. The procedure for returning families and new families entering the lottery is as follows:
Returning Families: Please complete and submit the Intent to Return form by April 1, 2016 (Link found under Enrollment Information).
New Families to Birchtree Charter School:
1. Complete and Submit an Intent to Enroll form online by April 8, 2016. (Link found under Enrollment Information)
2. Call: Birchtree (745-1831) to schedule an observation time. The observations will be led by the Principal, Assistant Principal or the Pedagogical Dean. Observations days and times are March 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 22, 23, 29, 30, 31 at 9:00 – 10:00 am and 10:30 – 11:30 am. You must schedule an observation during these times. Please do not bring your child(ren) to the school observation as you will be viewing many classes in their main lesson session and we want to minimize classroom disruptions.
3. Completion of Questionnaire: After you have completed your observation you will be given a questionnaire from administration. This questionnaire must be completed and returned to the school by April 8, 2016.
4. Kindergarten Parent Informational Meetings: New families of kindergarten students will need to attend one of the scheduled Kindergarten Meeting on April 5, 2016 at 1:30 pm or 6:00 pm. Please schedule your Kindergarten meeting time when you schedule your school observation. Please do not bring your child(ren) to the Kindergarten Parent Informational Meeting as there is no child care available.
5. Placement of child(ren) into lottery drawing. After all three (3) steps (Intent to enroll completed and submitted online, observation scheduled and attended, and questionnaire completed and turned into Birchtree front office) then your child(ren) will be entered into the lottery.
April 20, 2016: Lottery @ 7 pm. The lottery will fill any open spots in the school, as well as create the wait-lists for next year.
*We regret that we cannot offer individual school tours due to high demand. We welcome you to schedule an observation on the dates and times listed above to learn more about our school.