Our parents are the reason that Birchtree Charter School is such a wonderful place of learning. Every day, parents are here in the building tutoring, baking, cooking, cleaning, singing….It is truly a school community that works together for the benefit of all children who attend here.
If you want to log in volunteer hours from home, please go to www.volunteeratschool.com and follow the directions there. Once you log in, it is quick and easy! Remember that time spent shopping for ingredients, baking, cooking, sewing and other at home help does count toward volunteer hours!
Please contact Mary Beth Feldman, the Parent Partnership Coordinator, at 745-1831 for more information about these opportunities.
Current Volunteer Opportunites
Volunteer to help the Playscape Team! Call Lisa Shield at 775-5485 or Jennifer Budde at 232-5852.
We have some particular needs related to our last week of school. If you can help in any of these areas, please contact Mary Beth Feldman at 745-1831.
- Move the laminator upstairs to the top floor.
- Move the sofa, chair and coffee table from the Parent Work Room to the top floor.
- Purchase and assemble 2 bookshelves for the teacher’s lounge.
- Assemble shelves in the storage room.
- Move bookshelf in Kelly’s office.
- Call parents concerning overdue library books
- Move the teacher mailboxes from the teacher lounge to the front office.
- Move bookshelf in storage room to Mrs. Tran’s new room.
- Move play/puppet stand to shed outside
- Purchase, assemble, and install shelves in the comfort room
- Assemble science tables and put in new fifth grade rooms.
- Lend a grill for the last day picnic. We need more than one.
- Grill hamburgers and hotdogs for the last day picnic.
- Help set up and clean up food for the last day picnic.
- Survey teachers about furniture that needs repair and repair furniture (mostly tables).